Unlock your DNA Health with FitGenes DNA Testing
FitGenes Health & Wellness Genetic Profile
Do you sometimes feel that whatever you do your health is just not improving? Perhaps you are eating less and exercising more, but the weight is creeping on around the middle. A FitGenes Health & Wellbeing genetic profile report is based on the science of nutrigenomics, which considers the interaction between your genes, nutrition and lifestyle and how these influence gene behaviour.
By linking our individual genetic signature with our family’s health history, our personal health history and current pathology testing (e.g. blood cholesterol, blood pressure, markers of inflammation, vitamin D), we can identify an individual’s predisposition towards certain health risks and make early interventions with regard to nutrition, lifestyle and exercise, before clinical symptoms start to appear.
By knowing your genetic or DNA profile, I can then develop a programme that includes the best wellness choices to fit you and your genes.
How FitGenes can help:
Fitgenes personalised profile reports identify your genetic footprint by analysing a range of genes related to health and well-being, fitness, and nutrition. I use this information in conjunction with lifestyle factors to design a personalized and manageable health plan.
It’s true you can’t change your genes but you can affect your expression and influence with the right nutritional, exercise and lifestyle choices.
Personalised Health and Wellbeing report:
Fitgenes is based on the science of Nutrigenomics and how our genes are influenced by our nutrition, exercise and lifestyle. Scientific evidence tells us that our genes are not static, but in fact responsive to the choices we make, which impacts on how effectively they ‘express’ themselves. Gene expression is a way of explaining how we feel in terms of our wellbeing and how effectively our bodies function.
Based on a non-invasive saliva sample which is analysed and returned to me as a personalised genetic profile, I am able to interpret the results in conjunction with your personal health history and to offer a personalised health plan, helpful advice related to your health goals, the type of exercise that will have a positive effect and nutritional supplements will benefit you the most.
We all have areas of our health and wellbeing that would like to address, such as:
- Weight loss
- Relief from joint pain
- Better sleeping patterns
- Regulation of hormone imbalances
- Healthier ageing
- Menopause balance
- Heart health
- Increased energy and vitality
- Blood pressure
The genes analysed are divided into the following categories:
- Cell Defence – how your body protects cells and DNA from damage caused by oxidative stress
- Inflammation – your body’s natural defence mechanism, which if uncontrolled, can be a key driver of almost all major diseases
- Vitamin D receptors – present in all cells, these are a key influence on bone health, immunity, skin and the nervous system
- Methylation and Homocysteine Metabolism – reflects the health of our cells and risk of chronic disease
- Cardiovascular Health – the effectiveness of the system delivering oxygen and nutrients to every cell
- Fat and Cholesterol Management – influences healthy weight management, appetite control and satiety
- Immunity - This gene panel includes genes relating to the strength and activity of the immune system.So crucial when wanting to avoid sickness and to be able to combat infections.
FitGenes Carb Choice
Learn how your body metabolises and tolerates starch in carbohydrates through genetic profiling.
What is Carb Choice?
Fitgenes has developed Carb Choice, a personalised genetic profile report based on your AMY 1 gene which affects your personal response to starch from carbohydrates.
By understanding your Carb Choice gene profile and your body’s response, you can best manage health issues, including:
- Weight management
- Gluten intolerances
- Food sensitivities
- Autoimmune issues
- Persistent infections such as thrush or urinary tract infections
- Dental decay
How your body processes starch carbohydrates plays an important role in these and other everyday health and wellbeing issues.
As registered Fitgenes Practitioner, I can guide you through this process from start to finish. You will receive a copy of your genetic profile with supporting information, a personalised health plan, helpful advice related to your health goals, the type of exercise that will have a positive effect and nutritional supplements will benefit you the most.